Sunday, September 20, 2009

When are we getting married?

I am here watching "Bridezillas" a show about women who are total "Bitches" while they prepare for their wedding day. As i sit on my couch watching these ungrateful, spoiled women disrespect their bridesmaids, fiances, mothers and mother in laws to be, I cringe and say "Will i be like that when I get married?" and then it hits me.......I've been with my fiance for damn near 16 years and we aren't married yet!!!!

I turn to him and I ask him a question that I have asked him many times before " When are we getting married?" and he gives me the same old tired responses,"We need to move into a bigger apt." "When are we gonna buy a house?" I have seen other women who have been with their men for a short period of time get married, and I am left wondering when will I get my day? Why am I still waiting for my day?

I am 31 years old with a 1 year old daughter,and I have spent 16 years proving myself to one guy who should be more than ready to take the next step. So i ask myself, am I happy getting the responses that he is giving me? or am I gonna stand up for what I believe in? I don't wanna keep putting this off then look up one day and be 40 years old and i am still NOT MARRIED!!!!
So i have decided that I am gonna give this until the end of the year,and If we haven't reached a date by December 31st......I will no longer continue to be apart of this relationship. 3 months and counting!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment